The Importance of Considering the Three Sustainable Pillars in Construction
June 23 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The live presentation of this event has already taken place. To download the recording and presentation slides, please complete the form below.
Previous 新蒲萄京官方载首页 Webinars
A common misconception is to understand sustainability as related to just environmental aspects. Indeed, sustainability is a concept based on a triple-bottom-line framework comprised of environmental, social, and economic aspects. It is clear that addressing any of the three pillars of sustainability in isolation will often result in a trade-off. Therefore, in order to achieve sustainability in a project, it is necessary to use a balancing approach, paying equal attention to all three dimensions.
In turn, a strong association exists between construction and the three main pillars of sustainability. The construction industry generates between 2 and 3 billion tonnes of building waste a year and contributes to 5-7% of the total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and at least 7% of the employed population in most countries. Nevertheless, the building project decisions usually satisfy only technical requirements or economic limits without profoundly considering environmental and social aspects. In this context, this Webinar intends to discuss the importance of considering the entire sustainability concept in construction projects, in addition to present methodologies to benefit this process.
3 key takeaways from this webinar:
- A considerable amount of time is consumed in the early stages of designing construction projects on comparing different construction materials, resources, and methods.
- It is possible to achieve sustainability in building projects using a balancing approach.
- There are several methodologies that can be used to improve sustainability in the construction industry.
Presenter: Mrs. Karoline Figueiredo, 新蒲萄京官方载首页 Lecturer
Join us to learn more at this must-attend event for engineering professionals and aspiring engineers alike.
Reserve your spot at this free webinar today!
- The webinar will be recorded and will be sent out to registered attendees afterwards.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided to attendees who request one near the end of the live webinar session.
Please note: the time stated on this event is in Australian Western Standard Time (AWST). You will need to convert this to your own time zone.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest updates.